Data Protection Policy
Innovating Communities is the name of the project commissioned by Monaghan Integrated Development CLG, Louth LEADER Partnership CLG, Leitrim Integrated Development Company CLG, Donegal Local Development CLG, Breffni Integrated CLG, T/a Cavan County Local Development and County Sligo LEADER Partnership Company (hereafter referred to as the Commissioning Organisations). Icecream Projects Limited t/a icecream architecture are under contract by the Commissioning Organisations (6 local development companies) to deliver Innovating Communities from 2020-2022.
What information is being collected?
Innovating Communities collects the following data:
Personal identification information when you sign up
- Location (the County you are from)
- Training Journey and Progress, i.e the Courses you sign up to, Lessons you complete and Submissions you submit through the platform.
- Details of Ideas or Projects you create on the site
- Any details of Groups you create on the site
- Feedback on the quality of Courses and Lessons
- Comments you post on the site
- Blog posts you add to the site through your own profile and any Projects or Groups you are a member of.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Innovating Communities with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Sign up to the Innovating Communities site
- Create a Group, Idea or Project on the site
- Provide feedback on Courses and Lessons
- Use the site to add a new Submission for a lesson
- Leave a comment on the site
- Write a blog post on the site
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Innovating Communities may also receive your data indirectly from the Commissioning Organisations.
How will we use your data?
Innovating Communities collects your data so that we can:
- Communicate with you about upcoming changes to the programme, including new Courses or Events
- Contact you to provide support (if you are participating in Training)
- Analyse usage of the training program and the website. (All data is anonymised.)
- Feed into the independent evaluation, which is being undertaken by University College Dublin (UCD) and O'Keeffe Social Research CLG.
Data are shared with University College Dublin (UCD) and O'Keeffe Social Research CLG for the sole and exclusive purpose of the independent evaluation of Innovating Communities.
If you agree, Innovating Communities will share your data with the Commissioning Organisations (see above) in order to monitor the program in their respective areas and make contact about potential opportunities.
How do we store your data?
Innovating Communities securely stores your data within a password-protected database hosted within data centres in the European Union. Access to the database is restricted to the Innovating Communities technical team.
Innovating Communities retains this data for the period of the training programme, ending in October 2022. After this date, the data will be transferred to the Commisioning Organisations (see above). It will be retained for no more than 5 years, including the period before October 2022. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by closing and destroying the password-protected database.
From time to time, Innovating Communities would like send you information about the training programme, including changes to the programme, upcoming events and website updates.
If you have enrolled in any of the Courses of our Training programme, we will also contact you regarding your participation within it.
You have the right at any time to stop Innovating Communities from contacting you. If you choose to leave the site, you can delete your profile and all contact details and other personal identifiable information will be destroyed.
What are your data protection rights?
Innovating Communities would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request Innovating Communities for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Innovating Communities correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Innovating Communities corrects the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that Innovating Communities erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Innovating Communities restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Innovating Communities’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Innovating Communities transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +353 (0)71 9344 933
Or write to us:
54 Cook St
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Innovating Communities uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
We do not collect cookies for advertising purposes.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, this will prevent you from remaining signed in on the website.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: +353 (0)71 9344 933
Or write to us:
54 Cook St
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Innovating Communities has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Phone: +353-1-639 5689
Address: 6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773